Professional Services Practice Architect, Security
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: Are you looking to make an impact? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers. We bring best practices out to the world to make people happier with our software, and just as importantly, we bring the world's needs and wants back to Splunk to make our software better. And we get the chance to see firsthand the phenomenal things that our customers and partners do with Splunk.
As a Professional Services Practice Architect, passionate about Security, you will fuel solutions to ensure enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organization. You'll tackle organizations’ most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated and have an insatiable thirst to learn disruptive technologies and thrive in a rapidly changing environment. As a successful Splunk Services Consultant you will be adept at mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds. Are you up for the challenge?
- Present to customer’s executive leadership on the value of the Splunk solution.
- Defend the necessity of a Splunk Security investment to VP and CxO leadership based upon risk, allocation of resources, tools/people spend, and proprietary vs open-source approaches.
- Assess customers’ security operations lifecycle and advise on incorporation of Machine Learning technology for successful customer outcomes.
- Recommends how and when to incorporate Threat Intelligence into the customer’s security lifecycle.
- Deliver training to customer and partner teams and end users on advancing technology where you are teaching without having full knowledge.
- Mentor and coach junior consultants and partner consultants in new knowledge and process areas, in the technology, and more importantly in the non-technical areas.
- Partner with field leadership to jointly develop strategic and technical account plans.
- Interact with customers and prospects to understand their business challenges and desired outcomes.
- Work with Senior Product management to understand future developments to communicate to the field and influence the development direction (product roadmap) based upon customer needs and your security expertise.
- In partnership with your manager, develop and supervise appropriate performance goals and metrics.
- Deliver presentations and technical briefings to customers on Splunk premium products and solutions. Assist and lead with critical Splunk evaluations and POC’s.
Obtain and maintain senior level Splunk Security certifications
- 10+ years’ experience in technically delivering and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- 2+ years’ experience in a team or project leadership role
- 3+ years’ experience delivering executive and customer presentations
- 5+ years as a security analyst, security engineer, security researcher, or other hands-on security role
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas; Very articulate.
- Experience with US Federal programs such as TIC and CDM preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with the Splunk portfolio preferred.
- Experience with Splunk Partners is required. Must have experience with developing Partner programs, Partner lead sales initiatives, Partner training, or other business planning activities.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or Security/Compliance is desirable.
Has knowledge of compliance and risk management requirements from government, financial, and/or health care customers which impacts technology software design, services capabilities, and what drives customers decisions
Demonstrated experience deploying Splunk technology to customer environments.
- Experience with networking, server, application, virtualization, big data, and web technologies.
- Some Unix or Linux based scripting language (Perl, Python, sh) is desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance.
- Able to travel up to 50%
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).