A Splunk Professional Services Manager (PSM) is responsible for delivery of successful Splunk deployments, and Adoption across their region. We are searching for a leader to cover South EMEA Region France, Spain and Italy.
The PSM manages relationships with customers, partners and internal stakeholders to ensure Splunk implementations drive Success for our Customers. Additionally, the PSM collaborates with other functions both inside and outside Splunk, including Sales, Pre-Sales Engineering, Support, other Splunk leadership groups, and Delivery partners and functions as a trusted advisor.
The successful candidate will effectively build and structure a high performing delivery team, consisting of internal Splunk & Partner consultants. They will position and sell our services, manage customer expectations, plans & timelines, and drive projects to a successful completion. Most importantly they will build, coach, motivate and inspire their team to ensure fantastic outcomes for our Customers, and repeat business for Splunk.
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
- Actively engage in the Splunk sales process to position the right solution for the Customer to achieve their business objectives
- Articulate relevant customer success stories & metrics that demonstrate value to the customer
- Understand the solution options available to the customers and engages the right team to win the deal and drive customer’s trust
- Effectively addresses and manage customer questions and issues related to the solution (schedules, pricing, experience, staffing, SOW language, etc.).
- Maintain strong relationships with Splunk customers and partners
- Coorrdinate with our team of Delivery consultants supporting team recruitment, development, & performance management
- Manage delivery of great outcomes for customers, such as successful projects delivering which drive Customer Success and Adoption
- Leverage methodologies, blue prints, templates, service offerings and successful experiences with related solutions
- Sustain major growth in the PS business, achieving 50%+ expansion per year
- Drive productivity & quality across the region, achieving targets for Bookings, Revenue (delivery) and consultant Utilization
- Consistently stay up to date with industry trends impacting Splunk, such as Big Data, Security, ITOPS, Cloud, etc. in order to establish a foundation as a trusted advisor
- Set up clear expectations & accountability for PS Consultants and partners to follow Sales & Delivery processes.
- Collaborates with the Project Managers or PS Consultants to ensure projects are initiated and delivered on a timely basis with a qualified team that reflects the customer’s expectations
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date reporting, documentation, and system information to ensure the business can be accurately forecasted.
- Proactively monitor the business to ensure goals are being met. Develop action plans to address areas with issues.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to drive Splunk best practices and business guidelines and utilizes the Splunk document repository for reoccurring IP use and updates.
- Play an active role in the Regional Splunk leadership team
Required Skills and Experience
- 8-10+ years of related experience, having worked for an international software business
- Extensive experience of Leadership and managing a team
- Proven expertise in Professional Services Management in a Software Vendor, System Integrator, or similar organisation
- Strong Business Acumen
- Demonstrated competency in managing Customer & Partner Relationships,
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or business or equivalent experience.
Requirements: Travel is required up to 40%, possibly more at peak times.