Splunk are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Professional Services team, based in Switzerland. Splunk consultants solve organisation's most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed, are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. Splunk consultants feel comfortable mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds.
Splunk is looking for an individual that has a good understanding of implementing ITSM technical solutions to automate and manage the processes of IT organisations and business, including organisational modifications that will be required to ensure the successful adoption of the solution by the client organisation. Accelerates project delivery by providing technical leadership during all stages of the project/program. Advises project teams on implementation approach, strategy, integration, large Enterprise deployment, and adoption best practices to maximise delivery success and value realization. This position has a billable utilisation target and travel to customer sites to perform work when global circumstances allow.
Work Location: Switzerland
This is a great opportunity; Splunk will challenge you in many ways, greatly increase your performance and be winning at executive levels with some of the most respected companies in globally - 11,000 and growing daily.
Responsibilities: I want that!
The Splunk ITSM Senior Consultant will:
- Shape customer expectations and thoroughly align outcomes with customer requirements with focus on business value
- Participate in all aspects of the initiative from the initial strategy discussions through the delivery process, requirements gathering, design and implementation
- Partner with the Client Project Managers and Splunk Delivery Managers to validate that high-level project scope, schedule, resource plan, and estimates are aligned to ensure a successful project/program outcome.
- Perform configuration of the Splunk ITSI product suite to meet the customer requirements
- Facilitate appropriate workshops and other sessions to capture business and technical requirements, current and desired states, and deliver a best-practice based global architecture and implementation
- Define global architecture to meet desired state vision including business, application, data, technical, integration and security architectures.
- Provide oversight at key milestones and manage expectations during implementation
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to key decision making related to new solutions and products, cross-product integrations, and product upgrades.
- Provide technical program oversight, leadership, and mentoring across multiple projects.
- Advise Client on best practices to help guide and solidify a given design. Use expertise and best practices to bridge vision and desired state to global architecture and delivery requirements
- Ensure successful delivery of desired outcomes by engaging in risk management and mitigation, and operational program governance
- Effectively build and leverage relationships within the Client organizations and Splunk to insure success.
Requirements: I have that!
- Self-starter; demonstrates initiative and leadership across projects and within the team
- Highly requested by management and peers; seen as trusted advisor and technical leader
- Consistently delivers high quality results, including on-time quality deliverables and meeting project timelines
- Identifies and exploits future opportunities to drive additional value
- Successfully manages stakeholder expectations through solid communication and documentation with no or minimal rework required
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface at all levels within an organisation, technical to senior management.
- Continuously enhances solution knowledge and skills to further industry leadership position
- Ability to process and advocate client requirements and product gaps into the development (R&D) organization.
- Proven experience in driving and delivering IT Operations Management solutions that materially add business value
- Deep IT Monitoring and Automation domain expertise in operations management software specialisms
- Demonstrable experience deploying software monitoring solutions and associated infrastructure, both on-premise and cloud environments in large complex global enterprise environments
- Configuration experience with Windows, Linux operating systems
- Configuration experience with databases such as, SQL, Oracle or DB2.
- Proven experience with scripting languages such as Python, Shell. Perl or Korn.
- Strong technical implementation experience in Splunk ITSI or similar product sets e.g. IBM Netcool, Microfocus ITOM, BMC TrueSight, Cherwell, Ivanti, ServiceNow
- Technical implementation experience defining metrics, thresholding and reporting baselines
Education: I have that!
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or relevant technical field experience plus a minimum of 8 years of related IT Operations experience
- Experience in business process reengineering preferred
- Experience leading project implementation teams and being responsible for delivery at large enterprise clients.
- ITIL Certification or similar framework preferred.
- Swiss National
- German language skills, both written & spoken is required
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.