The PS Contracts Manager will provide expert guidance and oversight as related to statements of work (SOWs), professional services agreements (PSAs), partner agreements and other contractual documents, identifying risks while offering mitigating alternatives to the Splunk Global Professional Services business within EMEA & APAC.
The Contracts Manager will also act as the key point of contact and liaison between the professional services field, including the professional services partner team, and back office teams (legal, finance, HR, etc.).
- Review and assess SOWs, PSAs and partner agreements for nonstandard financial obligations, contract terms and provisions
- Highlight those obligations, terms and provisions for rejection or approval by the Contracts Manager, and as needed by the regional professional services leaders, partner managers and back office teams (legal, finance, HR, etc.)
- Highlight and summarize those obligations, terms and provisions agreed to in SOWs, PSAs and partner agreements for awareness and compliance
- Work with PS leaders, partners and legal on any contract renewals and amendments
- Master and seek to improve the internal contracting processes and work to optimize and implement improvements within Salesforce.com/Apttus, etc.
- Work with internal clients such as legal, sales, professional services, operations, finance, partners and others to implement, train, and supervise Splunk compliance with SOWs, PSAs, partner agreements and with related policies and processes
- Respond to various partner/stakeholder questions, inquiries, requests for clarification, etc., regarding contract terms and conditions or other items
- Undertake special projects on request
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a deal desk or contracts specialist or contracts management role
- Ability to cross collaborate with multiple organizations and disciplines, leading in conflict management and resolution
- Basic understanding of legal terms and conditions
- Mature understanding of professional services business terms and conditions
- Knowledge of revenue recognition compliance
- Customer facing experience
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of negotiation tactics and decorum, prioritization based on forecast requirements: size, complexity, and strategy
- Critical and creative thinking skills, and strong organizational and time management skills
- Focus on quarterly and annual fiscal targets, supporting contract close requirements
- Salesforce.com/Apttus experience a plus