Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Legal is looking for an experienced and motivated paralegal whose primary role would be to support the Products Legal Team, under the supervision of a Splunk attorney.
Personal Characteristics and Skills:
To succeed in this role, you will need to have excellent critical thinking ability; maintain a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability; and be detailed and highly organized. You should be able to work optimally, independently, as well as collaboratively and flexibly in a collegial, fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. You should possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and be able to build trusted relationships across teams. You should be self-motivated, self-reliant, and curious.
- Support product development, readiness and releases by reviewing product release checklists for issues related to intellectual property matters, open source, data privacy & security, marketing, competition, and other legal and regulatory issues, then driving resolution of those issues
- Engage with product team members, including product managers, release managers, software engineers, data scientists, technical writers and marketing managers
- Draft, review, negotiate and handle inbound license agreements, service agreements, NDAs, and other transactional documents as needed
- Provide legal support for various marketing activities, including review of product collateral and program materials
- Help build, maintain and scale project management process and knowledge management, including process automation (such as product legal audit software tools) and procedures for the review of new features, functionality, products and services
- Update and maintain templates, playbooks and guidelines based on laws, rules and regulatory guidance
- Assist in handling and coordinating training programs delivered to organizations within the company
- Support M&A activities of Splunk and any integration work
- Collaborate with Legal Operations to configure and maintain tools and technologies that increase our efficiency and value to the business
- Develop positive, strong, and collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners across Splunk to enhance our effectiveness and ability to deliver on complex tasks
- Pitch in on other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 or more years of experience providing paralegal support at a technology company legal department
- Product support experience required
- Experience with commercial inbound transactions, marketing collateral review, data privacy issues, and copyright issues
- Knowledge of intellectual property laws and licensing concepts
- Experience with open source reviews
- Technical savvy – must have strong computer skills, including with office productivity software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Drive, etc.) and be open to exploring new technical tools to help the team
- Ability to balance multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about tech and love learning new technologies!
We value diversity at our company. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in certain locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.