Business Product Owner - Performance Management (SaaS Metrics & Reporting)
As a member of the Business Transformation team at Splunk, you will help to develop enterprise-wide standard business processes that will position the company for continued high growth.
We are looking for a strategic thinker, with excellent business acumen. In this role you will provide subject matter expertise on a range of process improvement and process management activities, specifically around the performance management capabilities (SaaS Metrics & Reporting). You will be responsible for data gathering and analysis, providing best practices around that capability or researching where applicable, process mapping, developing and recommending alternatives for improvement, developing performance metrics, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements, and monitoring post-process improvement initiative performance to updated standards. You will be the main product owner for your capability helping to make key decisions for your program in regards to internal facing products/systems.
If you have deep knowledge in performance management area (SaaS Metrics & Reporting) in a Subscription Software environment and are excited about bringing that expertise into Splunk, then this role if for you.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Understand SaaS operating model and how to measure the health of the business across multiple functions.
- Gathers requirements and use cases from subject matter experts using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand, analyze, refine, prioritize, and communicate business needs to ensure that the assigned agile team fully understands the project scope, objectives, and requirements.
- Lead collaboration, facilitates sprint activities, and creates/communicates requirement artifacts that translate the business needs into executable requirements.
- Translate high-level business requirements into user stories for inclusion in the backlog.
- Create, maintain, prioritize, and sequence the product user story backlog based on business value or ROI
- Collaborate with the technical team to prioritize deployments.
- Identify potential impacts to current processes and policies and propose changes to business stakeholders.
- Clearly articulate product decisions to business users users, the product team, and internal stakeholders
- Work closely with IT to define and implement system solutions.
- Create a formal network and acts as the liaison between business stakeholders, users, and technical teams.
- Owns the overall drafting of the business requirements / use cases, test scripts / acceptance criteria, and training materials for various transformation initiatives.
- Collaborates with the business to ensure business readiness and transfer knowledge for any new process / system.
- Ensure integrity of the business capability leveraging deep subject matter expertise and previous experience to ensure it is designed and developed correctly
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Minimum of 8 years of Business Process Improvement experience or relevant professional experience
- Must have experience designing and implementing metrics and dashboards in a SaaS environment, SalesForce.com experience a plus
- Deep experience in the performance management capabilities (SaaS Metrics & Reporting) in a subscription software environment
- Strong background in establishing current state business process models and providing process improvement / redesign
- Solid experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Strong organizational and business analysis skills
- Familiarity with/ ability to to drive the Agile development and release methodologies, especially for automation of business processes, improvements/ redesigns
- Familiarity with Jira or other similar tools
- Ability to present complex ideas simply
- Knowledge of the principles of product management
- Ability to work across cross functional group and ensure ability to influence and execute across groups
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity
- Consulting or Six Sigma experience preferred
Education: Got it!
Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.