Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a member of the Business Transformation team at Splunk, you will help to develop enterprise-wide standard business processes that will position the company for continued high-growth.
Ready to make meaningful impact? You will be responsible for ensuring the maximum product value is successfully delivered to the business (customer) over the lifecycle of the product. You will work collaboratively with the business/customer to understand their needs /pain points / value and translate them back into the product vision becoming the single owner for decisions regarding the product. You will lead the product vision, backlog, and feature prioritization and ordering of work, collaborating with the delivery team to ensure the vision and priorities are understood and delivered within business windows expectations.
If you have deep knowledge and are passionate about sales business processes, Opportunity to Quote & CPQ, and are excited about bringing that expertise into Splunk, then this role if for you. What are you waiting for? Work alongside teammates who are just as hardworking and committed as you are, in an environment that is ever-evolving and challenging. Join the Splunk family today.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Define and/or refine product vision leveraging inputs from to-be business process changes and overall transformation initiatives and convey that vision to the mission team
- Own the overall drafting of business requirements / user stories and acceptance criteria for various transformation initiatives using interviews and document analysis.
- Proactively communicate with the delivery team to define and implement product solutions.
- Create a formal network between business stakeholders, users, and technical teams to gather data to propel the product vision and roadmap.
- Collaborate with other product owners and business to ensure business readiness to adopt new product features including facilitating demos and gathering feedback along the way.
- Own product readiness and ship-ability ensuring product integrity and business value
- Deep knowledge in Sales and CPQ (Configure Price Quote)
- Collaborate with change management team on materials for training/ enablement, communications, and business readiness.
- Own product features prioritization decisions in sequence with business priorities and align to release planning
- Defines definition of "Done" set clear expectations on the user stories and acceptance criteria and verify & measure deliverables by the end of each of the development cycle
- Establish / groom a product backlog
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of Product Owner experience or relevant professional experience
- Experience in the Sales business process required
- Opportunity-to-Quote experience desired
- Configure, Price Quote process experience desired
- Any experience with Salesforce CPQ preferred
- Strong background in establishing current state business process models and providing process improvement / redesign
- Proven experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Strong organizational and business analysis skills
- Familiar with/able to drive the Agile development and release methodologies, for automation of business processes, improvements, and redesigns
- Ability to present complex ideas simply
- Knowledge of the principles of product management
- Ability to work across cross functional group and ensure ability to influence and execute across groups
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity
- Consulting experience preferred
Education: Got it!
Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.