Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes the opportunity to scale and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness. Does this sound like you?
As a Product Manager for the Splunk Value Platform, within the IT Business Applications group, you will play a key role in the success of our internal web-based platform that enables our Sales and Customer Success organizations. You will be responsible for driving the roadmap and product features we deliver for our internal business partners. You will need to utilize your technical expertise and deep experience delivering features using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, in a Product Owner role. To be successful, you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives. And at the same time, defining detailed functional requirements, delivering within an agile delivery framework, and supervising key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, and handle various tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive attitude. In addition, strong oral communication and written documentation skills are valuable for this role. Will you join us?
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal partners and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with business needs and the product vision
- Partner with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases
- Define and standardize Key Performance Indicators that will help aid in the decision-making process and showcase results
- Champion Agile delivery by playing the role of Product Owner for one scrum team
- Manage the product backlog to ensure the highest business value is being delivered
- Independently author technical feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers to gather feedback and validate designs
- Produce technical feature requirement artifacts, such as data flows, process flows, decision trees, state diagrams, and system context diagram to support the delivery
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes
- Present roadmaps, complex ideas, and features to a broad audience effectively
- 5+ years of product manager experience working with a full stack team to deliver enterprise web applications
- Excellent track record working with internal partners to define strategies and roadmaps, dependencies, and releases
- Experience facilitating productive Agile sprint planning and backlog grooming sessions
- Stong experience defining Key Performance Indicators for the product area of responsibility
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to document features and manage backlogs
- Hold a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification preferred
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Jose and San Francisco offices to meet with key partners
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in computer science or a related field preferred; MBA a plus
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.