Product Manager - Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring, Splunk Observability
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a Product Manager to help bring our industry leading Infrastructure Monitoring SaaS solution to a whole new level with step-function usability enhancement.
You will work closely with your peers in product, engineering, design, architect and GTM team, both within Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring and across Observability suite to:
- Drive significant revenue growth with new and renewal customers through usability and product capability improvement
- Own expanding the content library which enables rapid adoption of monitoring for a broad range of IT application platforms.
- Research and understand user journey, build differentiated functionalities and monitoring features in the platform to support strategic infrastructure monitoring solutions and integrated user experience across Splunk observability product suite
- Help drive the strategic directions of Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for long term success
This position requires your understanding the users’ needs and workflow, instincts and creativity to ideate and implement new user journeys, and technical expertise. Knowledge of development will enable you to produce clear product requirements and navigate the technical complexity of monitoring products, including the metrics and streaming analytics platform.
You will need to work with our distributed team across San Jose, RTP offices in the US and Krakow office in Poland.
- Understand customer and user needs in depth; communicate those needs crisply and succinctly within Splunk; and work with design and engineering teams to translate those needs into clear priorities, a compelling roadmap, high-impact, innovative features, and sharp product requirements
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition and technologies are evolving, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction
- Collaborate with product marketing, support and the sales team to drive GTM efforts and solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions and to be clear on the minimum capabilities that matter
- Experience with application architecture, platforms and development processes along with an intuition for the needs of the developers and operators who use our products
- Able to rapidly investigate and prescribe methodologies for tailoring solutions for specific technologies and use cases
- Able to independently identify significant opportunities in an ambiguous area and build consensus around roadmaps
- A passion for customer journey, user experience, usability and a knack for simplicity; willing and able to dive deep into technical requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to lead, collaborate and influence via persuasion, patience and energy
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills. Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent whole
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- 2+ years of experience in product management or technical product management role
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- MBA from a top-tier program
- Background in enterprise SaaS; bonus if those were monitoring or analytics related
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, experience with Agile software methodologies
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in the Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.