Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Product Manager for Security Content will be responsible for driving the roadmap for key aspects of security content for the security products line at Splunk. The PM will have an opportunity to use their entire range of skills and interact with security research, sales, marketing, and development to guide Splunk’s approach to security for Cloud services and solutions. This role presents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to establish themselves as the owner of key elements of Splunk’s industry-leading security solutions as they apply to the Cloud.
- Proficient in Threat Research and understands the latest malware trends, common attack TTPs, and the general threat landscape
- Understand Incident Response processes and automated response
- Understand current market trends around EDR, XDR, DevSecOps, and analyst workflows
- Capable of working directly with engineers as well as customers to understand use cases and requirements
- A passion for solving our user’s security challenges and driving tangible outcomes
- A proven track record for building and delivering enterprise products from the ground up
- Manage the prioritization of the security content that is delivered to our customers
- Collect customer, security research, sales, and market input for security use cases, validate those across Splunk’s customers and prospects, and then build product requirement docs reflecting that input
- Support development in crafting detailed engineering requirements to the individual feature level
- Manage product roadmaps and timelines, and track corresponding development efforts
- Work cross-functionally with other Splunk product teams to deliver unified value
- Align with product marketing in crafting product collateral, demos, and pricing
- Collaborate with analyst relations and provide content for analyst briefings
- Minimum 5 years industry experience, including at least
- 2+ years in product management for Cloud (SaaS or IaaS) products
- 2+ years in product management or customer-facing technical roles for enterprise security products
- Experience in Security research and/or SOC analyst workflows
- Experience working with Agile development teams using Scrum methodology
- Good understanding of a range of Cloud (SaaS and IaaS) solutions and enterprise security products
- Working knowledge of core Splunk & ES or one major non-Splunk SIEM or log management solution
- Passion for building products that are both technically solid and that win in the marketplace
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
- MBA or equivalent work experience desired
- Or equivalent practical experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.