Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly, to each other’s success.
In this new role as a Product Manager– Engineering Effectiveness, you will own the product portfolio which the Engineering Effectiveness teams produce to help create a world class engineering experience that our engineers rely upon to create high-quality software that delights our customers. This product portfolio consists of numerous tools, services and processes which are the foundation for our world-class engineering platforms. You will work closely with Internal Engineering, Product Management, and Architecture teams to help drive our mission of delivering innovative services at scale that enable delivery of on-time, high-velocity, and high-quality software.
- Owner of the “Product Portfolio” produced by Engineering Effectiveness in support of the Splunk internal software engineering teams.
- Engage with all internal product functions to identify areas of improvement.
- Provide recommendations to improve all aspects of the SDLC at Splunk.
- Modernize our tools and services, drive improvements of tools used for CI/CD, automated testing and diagnostics, and release management.
- Identify issues, collaborate with stakeholders on solutions and provide follow-up on the implementations.
- B.S. in a technical field or equivalent professional experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in large scale software development as a lead of product development, testing or DevOps. Experience as Engineering Manager, Product Manager or Technical Project Manager are preferred.
- Intimate knowledge of each key function in the SDLC
- Intimate knowledge of modern CI/CD based engineering processes
- A background in producing Enterprise or Shrink-Wrapped commercial software on-time, on-quality, and on-budget.
- Excellent follow up and communication skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Ability to dig deep into customers’ requirements and break them down for Engineering Effectiveness team to deliver against.
- Adept at working with teams of highly talented individuals.
- Experienced defining and implementing KPI’s within the SDLC
- Excellent time management skills
- Extraordinary personnel skills
- A team player with exceptional collaboration skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.