Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to enjoy incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Product Manager on the API Management team, you will play a key role in the success of our data integration that directly impacts mission-critical business processes that run our $2B+ and growing business. You will be responsible for driving the roadmap and product features we deliver for our diverse set of partners. You will need to use your technical expertise and deep experience in delivering features using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, as a Product Owner for this position. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to cross functional teams while defining detailed functional requirements, delivering within an agile delivery framework, and managing key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are critical for this role.
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal business partners and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with business needs and the product vision.
- Partner with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging trends for the domain and how they can be used within the company.
- Ensure work aligns to the OKRs/metrics of the product. Create corresponding data/analytics to track and control the health of the product and business impact. This includes functional and technical OKR/metrics.
- Manage the product backlog to ensure the highest business value is being delivered to our internal business partners. Recommend what business and technical stories are part of current and upcoming sprints for a product based on value or other criteria. Articulate the value of the work and how it contributes and supports the OKRs of the product leveraging objective data. Provides the scrum team with the necessary context of the problems they are solving and for whom.
- Independently author technical feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying business use cases. Produce feature requirement artifacts, such as data flows, process flows, decision trees, state diagrams, and system context diagram to support the delivery team.
- Support agile and product principals through sprint execution (story creation through implementation and definition of done). Provide backlog input and prioritization recommendations including functional and technical considerations. Develops stories and defines clear acceptance criteria for completion. Partner with the scum team to ensure quality. Create and use test and learn practices, to drive product learnings and product adoption.
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes. Exhibit strong communication within the immediate scrum team, and with key partners/end users of the product. Can demo and interact with customers/users and how they use a product, articulating its benefits.
- Present roadmaps, complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively.
- Work with leaders to develop go to market strategies, release planning, and training to drive product excitement and adoption. Work with leaders to develop product positioning and messaging including product collateral.
- Cultivate a positive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
- 5+ years of technical product management experience
- 3+ years of technical product owner experience working in partnership with a delivery team using Scrum.
- 3+ experience delivering large scale data integration solutions for the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of the API management and Integration domain. Demonstrated ability to identify which problems to solve through a logical/systematic approach and determine when to scale a solution. Demonstrates curiosity and empathy, and asks probing questions that help uncover customer needs.
- In-depth experience with delivering REST APIs in a microservices ecosystem.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed workforce.
- Proven track record partnering with internal partners to define strategies and roadmaps, dependencies, and releases.
- Experience facilitating productive sprint planning and backlog grooming sessions with the delivery team.
- Experience defining and running Key Performance Indicators for the product area of responsibility.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Experience in creating a positive culture where people are treated with kindness, respect, and appreciation.
- Excellent written documentation and executive presentation abilities.
- Hold a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification preferred.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Jose and San Francisco offices to meet with key partners.
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.