Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk believes that design is able to make the world different and be a better place. Are you excited by helping Splunk admins, developers, and end-users to find data insight more efficiently through different design and research methodologies?
We are looking for a product designer who is passionate about designing the tools that will empower Splunk admins and developers to simplify their daily tasks, troubleshooting much more efficiently, and provide an intuitive tool and environment to contribute their best content to the Splunk community.
Who You Are:
- You thrive in a world where change is the constant. Splunk is on the move to Cloud, bringing with it the need to be flexible and in lock-step with our customers and partners.
- You aren’t intimidated by complexity, but rather dive into it with the goal of emerging with clarity.
- You prioritize solving customer problems and needs over designing for the sake of design.
- You communicate effectively and collaborate closely with cross-functional partners. One of your superpowers is the ability to drive alignment between these groups.
- You love conceptual exploration, but you also enjoy defining and detailing designs for the build.
- You are a self-starter, motivated to own and drive ideas to completion.
- You are eager to receive feedback and use it to grow as a professional.
- You prioritize customer and team success over personal glory.
What you’ll do:
- Design new user-centered experiences for Splunk’s Admin experience on Cloud. Day-to-day design on your projects with corresponding mid-senior autonomy. This is a hands-on role.
- Craft user workflow diagrams, prototypes, wireframes, and high fidelity designs.
- Understand technical, complex use cases and propose elegant concepts and design solutions
- Collaborate and align with the Splunk Admin and Dev Eco system design team
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout product development (including user research, product management, and engineering)
- Work closely with engineering to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Test design concepts with customers and conduct usability studies, interview sessions and generate interview report.
- Partner with product managers, to solicit user input, and use it to craft product development efforts
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of product experience in UX/UI Design
- Experience in enabling highly technical users to quickly and intuitively analyze and get insights from data produced by a wide variety of services and devices
- Understanding of design systems, and experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems
- Excellent visual design skills and a high-level understanding of visual solutions for all screen sizes
- Master crafting prototypes to communicate complex design concepts to users and project partners
- Expert in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Figma)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, especially in a remote environment
- Experience collaborating with other designers and departments - you’re comfortable taking and incorporating feedback from other team members
- Not afraid of project or product ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Degree in HCI or related Design program, or relevant experience in lieu of degree
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience with any administration tasks in Saas tool, user, role and responsibilities management, product deployment, get data in, and data management.
- Experience with helping developers create applications for SaaS tools, help developers contribute their own product to the SaaS platform community.
- Experience designing for data-rich products, incorporating data visualizations
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).