Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: Working in the Procurement Org and supporting Category Management Leads, the Procurement Specialist performs general and specific process and compliance functions for the purpose of supporting departmental objectives (rapid P2P cycle times, PO accuracy, enhance user experience etc.).
- Manage and execute cue of incoming Purchase Requests/Purchase Orders from departmental requestors in Facilities, Marketing, Sales, IT, etc.
- Consult with departments as needed regarding purchase orders, contracts and confirming orders.
- Review requisitions and purchase orders against quotes or contracts.
- Research invoice issues and assist in reconciling invoices to POs for payment.
- Familiarity with computer applications such as NetSuite, ScoutRFP, DocuSign and other procurement tools.
- Prepare and issue Requests for Proposals to bidders who have been identified/qualified for “Spot Buys”. Spot Buys are typically one-time transactions with suppliers that would benefit from a rapid bid comparison, but without a full Sourcing process.
- Analyze bid quotations for responsiveness to Requests for Proposals, evaluating factors such as commercial terms and conditions, price, delivery, financial status, technical capability, quality control, and geographical location of shipping point.
- Makes comparative analyses of price and delivery conditions, availability and quality of material, and new sources of supply.
- Closes out purchase orders following confirmation of the successful completion of all contractual and procedural requirements.
- Distribute necessary contract templates to vendors as needed or required.
- Assist in training employees on systems and process.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 4-year degree in Business Administration or related field (or equivalent).
- 1-3 years of related procurement work experience is desired.
- Advanced purchasing and contract management knowledge.
- Good written and oral communications skills, and knowledge of ScoutRFP, Netsuite and Ariba is a plus.
- Experience buying technology related services.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively to perform the essential tasks of the position; accuracy; good judgment; initiative and tact.
Splunk is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Applicants with disabilities may contact Splunk coordinators via telephone, fax, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Splunk at (contact
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.information).