Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: Working in the Procurement Org and supporting Category Management Leads, the Procurement Specialist performs general and specific process and compliance functions for the purpose of supporting departmental objectives (rapid P2P cycle times, PO accuracy, enhance user experience etc.).
- Manages and executes cue of incoming Purchase Requests and Agreements from departmental requestors in Facilities, Marketing, Sales, IT, etc.
- Consults with departments as needed regarding purchase orders, contracts and confirming orders.
- Research invoice issues and assist in reconciling invoices to POs for payment.
- Reviews requisitions and purchase orders against quotes or contracts.
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as Netsuite, ScoutRFP, DocuSign and other software applications in performing work assignments. In the future we will move to Ariba and will provide training on its usage.
- Assists on special side projects related to Procurement.
- Prepares and issues Requests for Proposals to bidders who have been identified/qualified for “Spot Buys”. Spot Buys are typically one-time transactions with suppliers that would benefit from a rapid bid comparison, but without a full Sourcing process.
- Analyzes bid quotations for responsiveness to Requests for Proposals, evaluating factors such as commercial terms and conditions, price, delivery, financial status, technical capability, quality control, and geographical location of shipping point.
- Makes comparative analyses of price and delivery conditions, availability and quality of material, and new sources of supply
- Closes out purchase orders following confirmation of the successful completion of all contractual and procedural requirements.
- Assist in training employees on procurement processes and systems.
- Distribute necessary contract templates to vendors as needed or required.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- 4-year degree in Business Administration or related field (or equivalent).
- 1-3 years of related procurement work experience is preferred.
- Advanced purchasing and contract management knowledge.
- Good written and oral communications skills, and competency in utilizing Scout, Netsuite and Ariba is a plus.
- Experience buying technology related services.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to use computer applications or other automated systems such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively to perform the essential tasks of the position; accuracy; good judgment; initiative and tact.