Are you passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level? We are looking for a seasoned, creative Performance Engineer to help us focus on the scalability and performance of our products and create meaningful benchmarks that address customer use cases.
At Splunk, each and every release of our software is highly scrutinized to meet the demands of our customers. As a Principal Performance Engineer, you'll have a key role in our products' success. You will collaborate with peers, field teams, customers to understand and encapsulate the use cases into industry standard benchmarks. You will work with product management and interface directly with our customers to get direct exposure to the usage patterns we strive to satisfy. You will also drive projects to integrate benchmarking into our continuous integration and test automation frameworks.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will define, develop and perform performance/scalability benchmarks on Splunk Enterprise and Cloud products
- You will efficiently working with various profiling tools to identify performance and concurrency bottleneck, propose and implement optimizations to improve the splunk product
- You will implement and improve sizing and capacity calculators for key splunk application on the cloud
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 10+ years of experience in Performance Engineering and Benchmarking
- Skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load
- Ability to find root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools, pstack, qmlprofiler
- Hardworking to optimize the performance bottlenecks and improve the product
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Expert in scripting languages (Python) and compiled languages (C/C++)
- Expert in distributed computing system and stack
- Comfortable with Linux, Docker, AWS, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
- Experience with enterprise software capacity planning a big plus
What we offer you:
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
- A set of extraordinarily collaborative and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an exceptional environment.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in whichare applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.