REMOTE OPPORTUNITY - You may work remotely for this role or you may join us onsite, in the future, at one of our west coast locations (San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA; or Seattle, WA).
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Be a part of our journey as we reinvent security operations, and help enterprises say goodbye to “swivel chair" security. Splunk Mission Control is a unified cloud-based platform that brings together security data, analytics and operations under one common work surface where security teams can holistically detect, manage, investigate, hunt, contain and remediate threats — all from one place — resulting in faster, more efficient and more effective security operations.
Are you an exceptional Principal Frontend Developer with a passion for developing clean, efficient, and performant user interfaces?
As a Senior member of the team with a security focus, you will help define the future of our software by designing, creating, testing, and maintaining products that directly support security analysts across the world. You will drive the frontend initiatives and information architecture to deliver the best user experience for our products. You will influence the direction of our technology as well as mentor other members of your team.
- Work with other frontend developers, designers, and backend engineers to plan, implement and deploy sophisticated user interfaces using modern CSS and JS.
- Participate in the design of new features with product and UX experts.
- Pro-actively design and improve all aspects of the UI, collaborate closely with team members to produce extraordinary user experiences.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field of study. Or 8 years of experience with a technical master’s degree, or 5 years of experience with a PhD. We will also consider equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of experience in developing web applications and web services.
- Experience with CSS, SASS and Styled Components.
- Extensive knowledge of web standards and modern browsers, responsive design, and of the full web technology stack.
- Experience with REST/JSON APIs and GraphQL.
- Experience with Git and CI tools.
- Experience writing and maintaining unit and functional tests.
- Ability to structure and build complex client-side applications.
- Leadership skills and the ability to work with engineers and non-engineers of various skill levels.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with security infrastructure equipment or software, SIEM, IPS, UTMs.
- Experience with Python or Golang.
- Experience building UIs capable of being tested by automation.
- Experience with Jenkins, Buildbot, or other equivalent continuous integration packages.
- Experience with test and bug tracking tools (Testlink, Mantis, Bugzilla, Jira).
- Understanding of network security fundamentals and network layers.
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.