Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's Customer Managed Platform (CMP) UI team is seeking an exceptional Principal Software Engineer to drive technical improvements and best practices for our flagship product - Splunk Enterprise.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You'll work at the intersection of data, engineering and design with a cross-functional, agile team of designers, product managers and engineers to build innovative user experiences which will directly impact our customers.
- You’ll lead refinement of the technical roadmap for front-end improvements.
- You’ll mentor and coach engineers, participate in design and code reviews, and share your work.
- You'll collaborate closely with architects, product management, user experience and backend engineers to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- You’ll prioritize technical improvements that improve UI development and delivery.
- You’ll work with senior leadership to understand business priorities and strategy, and translate that information into implementation plans.
- You'll participate in the development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- Proven experience in leading critical, architectural decisions for a development team, providing sound technical direction and communicating effectively
- At least 12 years of experience working with web and/or client-side technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Experience with modern build and dependency management processes and tools:, Webpack, Yarn, Node, npm.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.