Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have a passion for Blockchain and Data platforms? Do you enjoy working in a startup but want to launch a product with a huge community of customers? In this position you will work at the intersection of distributed systems and Big Data on a small team building solutions for many customers. At Splunk, we invest heavily in innovation, and are currently seeking a senior solutions architect to join our smart, tight-knit Blockchain and DLT team.
You are a hands-on marketing specialist able to build technical demos and documentation that fosters adoption and passion for technology. You have been working in the DLT space and realize the potential of this technology. The ideal candidate would have experience using Splunk or equivalent software and will be able to use their creativity and expertise to engage customers while they discover and embrace distributed system technologies, such as blockchain and distributed ledgers. You will collaborate with a team of engineers, QA, UX and customers to create groundbreaking solutions.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product life and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Responsible for having a strong understanding of the Splunk portfolio of products
- Responsible for delivering complete presentations, talks, demos, tutorials and documentation
- Understand real-world business problems and architect solutions
- Combine your technical curiosity, exceptional communication skills, and creative problem solving to drive product adoption
- Plot a strategic plan to mature customer operations
- Lead project management to hands-on installation and configuration and other customer validation activities, develop new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Engage with customers to provide ad hoc help and support sessions
- Test and qualify software products developed with the team
- Collaborate with product, engineering, QA, support and field teams to drive successful product release and adoption
- Support marketing to create customer driven content
- Strong experience with distributed ledger technologies such as Ethereum/Quorum, Hyperledger frameworks
- Can learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Previous experience in developer advocacy, documentation writing or quality assurance is a strong plus
- Confirmed experience in a customer facing position, such as developer advocacy, sales, business analyst, professional services or support
- Strong knowhow of data high-availability, scaling and performance
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Desired skills & experience:
- Splunk certifications or equivalent experience with the product preferred
- Worked with popular data analysis platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Splunk, etc)
- Developed solutions within cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure etc) and container orchestration systems (Google Container Engine, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience of working with Solidity, chaincode or other smart contract languages
- Practical experience of running a blockchain client or miner
- Bachelors, Masters or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a related domain
What We Offer You
The opportunity to work on game changing, cross industry multi-party computation technology.
- A set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, fun, and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.