Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Your application to this posting will serve as an indication of your interest in one of our several openings for a Principal-level Software Developer.
We are looking for creative problem solvers to join one of our best-in-class security operations teams: Security Orchestration & Automation Response (SOAR), User Behavior Analytics (UBA), or Mission Control (MC) teams.
- Become well versed in Splunk's core technologies as they apply to application development in a software release environment (SaaS). Note: this is not a hardware/infrastructure position.
- Gain a deep understanding of our product architecture, usage patterns, and real-world deployment scenarios to develop solutions that will bring value to our customers.
- Enhance the product by placing a high priority on scalability and performance.
- Lead and drive projects to completion with the autonomy that you have become accustomed to, but the collaboration that provides you with support that you welcome.
- Partner with other leaders from architecture, engineering management, and product management on project requirements.
- Collaborate with members of our team to design and create frontend, backend, and/or full-stack solutions; dependent upon your interest and our current needs.
- Help identify and develop ways to improve the team's productivity and efficiency by expanding on our existing tools and processes.
- Mentor junior engineers as they develop their application development skills.
Requirements (Tech Environment)
- 12+ years of software engineering experience with a focus on cloud application development.
- Working experience with design and engineering teams to plan, develop, and release software.
- Deep understanding of building products with a Cloud-First approach.
- Proficiency with one or more of: Python, Go, or C++.
- Understanding of the CI/CD, Kubernetes, containerization environment.
- Experience with an agile software development model.
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn that will challenge and excite you. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally driven and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.