Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk GDI (Getting Data In) Team is seeking an exceptional Principal Software Engineer in Test to support and test products used by thousands of customers for ingesting data into Splunk. These products interface with multiple hardware devices, software, and cloud providers, and testing them is technically challenging. The team uses modern testing techniques including test auto-generation to ensure quality of these products. The qualified candidate will get an opportunity to innovate in the area of software testing, lead test automation projects, and contribute to overall Splunk success. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong technical and organizational skills.
- Create test strategy for the entire GDI team as well as products that it owns
- Drive test automation projects end-to-end
- Define technology direction for test automation
- Develop test tools, frameworks and test automation
- Effectively communicate with senior leadership and architects on test related subjects
- Participate in customer engagements and escalations as needed
- Incorporate customer use cases and telemetry data into testing
- Coach and mentor junior SDETs and interns
- Help with hiring SDETs and interns
- Promote Splunk at meetups, recruiting events and conferences
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Python (most preferred), Go, Java, Ruby or C++.
- Experience using Git solutions: GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket
- Working knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure
- Good SaaS background with an understanding of API and microservices testing
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes or any container orchestration solution
- Extensive experience in test automation frameworks like pytest, Selenium, or Go testing frameworks like Gingko
- Solid knowledge of CI/CD technologies like Jenkins
- Excellent in critical thinking and problem solving
- Expert in exploratory testing (preferably white-box)
- In depth system administration skills in Linux and Windows
- Effective communicator who can be a technical spokesperson for their Team/Area in architecture or technology discussions
- Experience building test frameworks and infrastructure
- Experience dealing with cross-functional teams, including Support and Sustaining
- Ability to lead test design and code reviews
- BS EE or CS degree; 12+ years of related experience (or Master’s with 10+ years of experience or PhD with 7+ years of experience) or equivalent
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.