Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking an exceptional Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - technique lead, to support and test the next generation of Splunk Security Applications. You will be responsible for testing various components and services of Splunk for both on-premise and Splunk Cloud Offerings. You will work closely with the Engineering and Product team to develop, script, and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of Security Applications features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by Product Management. You have an opportunity to innovate the testing methodologies in big data techniques with industrial expertise. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes.
- Drives Cloud and Enterprise software testing strategy to deliver in a continuous delivery model.
- Drives technology direction and continuously raises the bar on technical excellence and delivery.
- Works intimately with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, automate, and execute sophisticated tests against required specifications.
- Drives integration testing effort across different security applications
- Collaborates with external and internal teams and it’s the heart of what makes Splunk a phenomenal place to work at.
- Communicates effectively with senior leadership and architects on testing and quality strategic plans.
- Participates in high profile and critical customer engagements and escalations as needed.
- Incorporates customer use cases, issues, telemetry data back into testing to enhance the overall product quality.
- Proactively identifies testing and process gaps and implements solutions to achieve efficiencies across the organizational boundaries.
- Coaches and mentors SDET engineers on best practices and technology direction.
- Helps build the talent pool in the organization with hiring.
- Promotes Splunk innovations at meetups, recruiting events, and conferences.
- Passionate about quality engineering and Splunk
- Solid experience in setting up and working on distributed systems and solutions like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
- Strong SAAS background with an understanding of API & microservices testing.
- Solid experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies, Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration system/solution.
- Solid experience in at least one programming language, such as Python (most preferred), Go, Java, Ruby, Perl, or C++. With SCM experience using Git solutions, Bitbucket, GitHub, or GitLab.
- Solid experience in test automation framework using Pytest, Selenium WebDriver, or any Go testing framework (e.g. Ginkgo).
- Excellent on critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Expert in exploratory testing by fully understanding your designated features or areas.
- Effective communicator who can be the technical spokesperson for his Team/Area in broader architecture and technology discussion.
- Experience building test framework or infrastructure.
- Experience dealing with cross-functional teams, including Support, Sustaining, and Customer Escalations.
- Experience in engineering management and leadership.
- BS EE or CS degree; 12 + years related experience (or Masters and 8 + years related experience or Ph.D. and 5+ years' experience) or equivalent.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.