Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level? As a Principal Software Engineer in Test, the responsibilities include designing, detailing, executing, and automating tests to effectively and efficiently test features in development. You will be encouraged to architect and drive automated, reliable, resilient, and extensible solutions to improve and evolve our testing strategies and capabilities, and continually improve our testing infrastructure for cloud offerings.
- Drives native Cloud testing strategy to deliver in a continuous delivery model.
- Drives technology direction and continuously raises the bar on technical excellence and delivery.
- Works intimately with the Engineering and Product Management teams to develop, automate, and execute sophisticated tests against required specifications.
- Collaborates with external and internal teams and it’s the heart of what makes Splunk a phenomenal place to work at.
- Communicates effectively with senior leadership and architects on testing and quality strategic plans.
- Participates in high profile and critical customer engagements and escalations as needed.
- Incorporates customer use cases, issues, telemetry data back into testing to improve the overall product quality.
- Proactively identifies testing and process gaps and implements solutions to achieve efficiencies across the organizational boundaries.
- Coaches and mentors SDET engineers on best practices and technology direction.
- Helps build the talent pool in the organization with hiring.
- Promotes Splunk innovations at meetups, recruiting events, and conferences.
- Passionate at quality engineering and Splunk
- Extensive experience in setting up and working on distributed systems and solutions like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
- Solid experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration system/solution.
- Extensive experience in at least one programming language, such as Python (most preferred), Go, Java, Ruby, Perl, or C++. With SCM experience using Git, GitHub, or GitLab.
- Excellent experience in test automation framework using Pytest, Selenium WebDriver, or any Go testing framework (e.g. Ginkgo).
- Solid experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Excellent on critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Expert in exploratory testing by fully understanding your designated features or areas.
- In-depth system administration skills in Linux and Windows.
- Effective communicator who can be the technical spokesperson for his Team/Area in broader architecture and technology discussion.
- Experience building up test framework or infrastructure.
- Experience dealing with cross-functional teams, including Support, Sustaining, and Customer Escalations.
- Experience in engineering management and leadership.
Strong SAAS background with understanding of API & microservices testing
- BS EE or CS degree; 12 + years related experience (or Masters and 8 + years related experience or Ph.D. and 5+ years' experience).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.