Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
As a Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will work closely with the Engineering and Product Management team to develop, script and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of Splunk features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by Product Management. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes.
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- You will design, develop, build and implement microservices testing strategy by working closely with the team and partners.
- A set of hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, test engineers to product management.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Deep understanding of microservices, cloud native stack, containerization and analytics, and DevOps mindset, enabling a continuous delivery pipeline while meeting the functional and quality attributes.
- Distributed Experience in working on distributed systems like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, Hadoop is preferred.
- Design, build and maintain test automation. Most of our features are deployed in enterprise and AWS Cloud. Developing automation and analyzing test results to ensure quality and recommend corrective action on both platforms is a must.
- Experience in building/improving test automation frameworks. 7+ years’ experience developing test automation in Java, Python or/and frameworks like Selenium, Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Develop/research automation tools used to improve the test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems. System/critical thinking and big picture mindset are important.
- Ability to triage and troubleshoot complex issues in highly distributed environments.
- Web applications testing skills.
- Customer engagement: Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases.
- Education: Must have 12 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.