The Data Edge group at Splunk is responsible for building high throughput, reliable and secured data transmission interfaces with leading cloud service providers, networking and security products, and enterprise products from leading software engineering companies. We’re a group of friendly, fun-loving and emotionally adept polyglots. We care a lot about work life balance because we believe that it drives creativity and innovation. We also work hard to lift each other up.
We are growing all our teams. As part of this group, you will have the opportunity to design and build APIs that deal with different application/system layers down to network and Kernel levels. You will also have opportunities to learn and work on some cool technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and leading cloud platforms. Additionally, you'll have the autonomy and opportunity to work with a fun bunch of top-notch software engineers in the industry. Do you enjoy being a part of the OpenSource Community? Great! We’re actively contributing to many projects and allow you a chance to influence and share your knowledge in the community. If you want to have fun while building some great technology products alongside great people, we invite you to apply to this role.Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter to solve complex problems related to very high data throughput and reliability.
- Design and build distributed and reliable APIs to collect and process system, application, network, and OS level events.
- Design and implement the optimal test strategy for our services.
- Write highly performant and scalable code in C++ and one of Java, Python, and Golang.
- You are someone who takes ownership and work with customers field sales engineers to solve problems that occur in the field.
- Automate the diagnosis of performance and scalability issues.
- Write the tooling and generate code to make your own and other people's job easier.
- If you enjoy mentoring then you'll get to mentor other engineers and constantly raise the bar on engineering best practices across the team and engineering organization.
- You have experience leading and mentoring a team of software engineers.
- Experience building scalable applications/APIs.
- Experience developing cross-platform integrations.
- Deep understanding of OS and networking internals.
- Experience on streaming/analytics platforms e.g. Kafka, Flink
- Experience building the tooling for CI/CD and data pipelines.
- Working on open source projects.
- Experience working with popular cloud services.
- Experience writing multi-threaded, multi-process code.
- Requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.