Principal Software Engineer - Cloud Security Analytics
Security Analytics is Splunk’s next-generation, cloud-native, multi-tenant security analytics solution to detect known and unknown potential security threats at exabyte scale in near real-time extensively leveraging stream processing and machine learning.
Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Do you value working in an environment where you're empowered to make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a role on Splunk's Enterprise Security team might be a great fit for you.
As a member of the team, you will help define the future of our new Cloud offering by designing, creating, testing and maintaining products that directly support security analysts all across the world. You will directly influence the direction of our technology as well as mentor other members of your team.
Working directly with customers is one of our core values. In this role, you'll be able to meet customers as they share their experiences, get a first person view of state of the art Security Operations Centers, and collaborate with product management to define and craft new products that streamline analysts' investigations.
If staying technically challenged and learning from others is meaningful to you, you'll love our internal technical seminars and regular, company-wide hackathons.
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, usage patterns, and real world deployment scenarios in order to better understand what solutions will bring value to our customers
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and members of our team to design and create comprehensive end-to-end user workflows
- Keep product quality top of mind by extensively leveraging product and test automation throughout the product cycle
- Work directly with engineers and product managers to refine and breakdown product requirements
- Become well versed in Splunk's core technologies and processes as they apply to application development
- Create, maintain and improve code with pride of ownership
- 10+ years of programming experience using languages such as Go, C/C++, Java and Python
- Familiar with streaming and distributed computing technologies such as Kafka, Flink, Spark, HBase, Cassandra
- Exposure to working with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) and container ecosystems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Knowledgeable of distributed computing architectures and principles that solve for scalability, performance, redundancy and reliability
- Experienced with an Agile DevOps engineering environment that effectively leverages CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, etc…)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records