Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re focused on our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success.
Getting a vast variety of massive data ready for analysis is never easy. Splunk is looking for Principal Software Engineer to join our AI Ops Engineering team to contribute to the sophisticated products to collect, transform and enrich data in a fast, scalable, and reliable way both for Cloud and On-premise customers.
Join a team that is passionate about ensuring code hygiene, using open source libraries, continuous integration and delivery, and a strong belief in automated testing at multiple levels (unit, feature, system, integration, production). You will work with team members in a variety of locations, so excellent team collaboration is important. We rely on daily standups to facilitate communication and get help when needed and use current tools (Slack, Confluence, video conference) to communicate decisions and stay connected.
- Drive technology direction within the product area and sets the bar for technical excellence and delivery.
- Lead architecture discussions regularly and propose solutions to address scalability, usability, and security.
- Lead sophisticated efforts from inception to completion. This includes collaborating with product managers and multi-functional engineering teams on the definition, prioritization, and overall project execution, and challenging product managers when needed.
- Take ownership and initiative to own and address issues promptly for our internal and external customers.
- Become proficient in Splunk's core technologies and processes as they apply to application development.
- Opportunity to mentor senior engineers and constantly raise the bar on engineering practices across the team and organization.
What you'll need
- 12+ years of relevant industry experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years and a master’s degree.
- A strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in operating systems, networks, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and software design
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- A demonstrated capability for creative thinking, intellectual and entrepreneurial exploration
- Experience developing, debugging, and performance tuning highly concurrent systems
- Extensive knowledge and production programming experience in at least one of Java/C++/Python
- Experience designing and developing REST-based services with well-defined contracts
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking the lead on a task, collaborating with other engineers to design and implement features
- Familiar with the agile software development process
Nice to have
- Strong understanding of one of the major Cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience in working within a Continuous Delivery (CD) development model
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.