Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do you enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Do you value working in an environment where you're empowered to make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a role on Splunk’s Security Analytics team would be a great fit for you.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer to help lead, design, develop and deliver Splunk's User Behavior Analytics (UBA) security analytics solution that detects known and unknown security threats at scale using big data and machine learning techniques. UBA helps security analysts quickly identify and resolve threats; delivered on customer managed resources using Kubernetes and Spark to run innovative stream processing and machine learning algorithms in near real-time.
We are a passionate team who care deeply about our customers and our teammates. In this role, you will work directly with Product Management, our Design Team, our Customers and other engineering teams to help derive the best experience for the customer. We have a lean process that focuses on empowering and serving our engineers as opposed to just directing them.
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, usage patterns, and real world use-cases in order to better understand what solutions will bring value to our customers.
- Develop new product features, clarify and improve designs, and help put together a plan for how to make it happen (using Agile Methodologies).
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and members of our team to design and create comprehensive end-to-end user workflows.
- Keep product quality top of mind by extensively using Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD), testing technologies (unit, functional, performance), and best practices to ensure that the product is of high quality.
- Champion, coach and mentor others to solve problems in new and creative ways with the goal to maintain team efficiency and morale.
- 12+ years of Software Development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field. Other education and/or experience will be considered.
- Programming experience using languages such as Java, C/C++, or Go.
- Familiarity with streaming and distributed computing technologies such as Kafka, Pulsar, Flink, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra.
- Exposure to working with container ecosystems (Docker, Kubernetes, Kubernetes Operator Framework).
- Knowledge of distributed computing architectures and principles that solve for scalability, performance, redundancy and reliability.
- Experienced with an Agile DevOps engineering environment that effectively uses CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, Bitbucket).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven ability to effectively work with others within a dynamic environment.
- Background in developing machine learning products for the Security market a plus.
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Fun. It is one of our core tenets.
- Work life balance, with efficient work from home environments today and modern offices standing by for future times.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.