Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our Application Platform team and focus on backend concerns in the intersection of metrics, traces, and logging at Splunk. As a member of the application platform team you will apply your strong background in application development to build frameworks, design and implement APIs, and help scale our backend systems in a performant, secure, and reliable way.
- Own the implementation of microservices in support of identity and billing systems
- Influence key decisions on our technical architecture and product design
- Partner with product owners and engineering leadership to identify priorities for development
- Mentor junior engineering staff through the development process
- 8+ years of professional experience designing and implementing backend microservices using Java
- Strong understanding of modern web application backend best practices
- Experience in owning the design and implementation of complex technical architectures
- Prior experience in integrating with third-party systems over the internet (such as identity and billing systems)
- 8+ years with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or 6+ years with a Masters Degree in Computer Science, or related technical field or equivalent practical work experience
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always growing into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.