Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Are you excited about building innovative solutions? Do you thrive in an atmosphere where your work can have a deep impact on the backend systems architecture design to front end development and everything in between? Splunk's Cloud group is looking for engineers to help build our large scale Cloud offering. You will work with a team building a state-of-the-art, cloud-based environment for massive-scale data processing. You will be working to ensure development teams, product teams and our cloud customers all understand exactly how their cloud systems are performing
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to help lead, design and build the next evolution of our Cloud Observability infrastructure and tooling. You will be working on the team enabling visibility through rich instrumentation across all of Splunk’s internal services and offerings.
- You are passionate about building and running distributed systems at scale in production.
- You have an appetite to ensure systems are observable, providing insights for engineers to understand, share and validate changes to their software
- You are passionate about creating and fostering good engineering practices and processes, like version control, testing, continuous integration, and continuous build/test/release automation.
- You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production.
- You automate all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle, including building, testing, and deploying.
- You are enthusiastic about making many users of your product happier every day.
- You've shown the ability to effectively work collaboratively across functions and across remote teams.
- You are expected to be a self-starter, innovative and always looking for new ways to contribute to the team.
- You will lead, mentor, and partner with team members and other groups.
- Passion for ensuring systems are observable and tracked with service level objectives (SLIs, SLOs, and Error Budgets).
- Deep knowledge of logs, metrics, traces, and alerts and obtaining the right data to help developers and operators make decisions quickly.
- Experience with building SaaS multi-tenant applications with high availability and fault tolerance.
- You have worked extensively with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment like AWS and GCP.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages. We have code in several languages, ranging from Go to Ruby.
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and provide mentorship.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth of opportunities. You want to explore backend, frontend, and SDKs? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help on both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.