Splunk has a rich history of unearthing and analyzing customer data to solve their business problems from any angle. As customers scaled, they realized they needed a tool to analyze that data in real time, bring that data together from disparate sources, and transform the data before it becomes searchable.
Splunk’s Data Stream Processor (DSP) allows our customers to continuously collect high-velocity, high-volume data from diverse sources and distribute insights to multiple destinations in milliseconds, using a scaleable, performant, high throughput streaming engine built on top of Flink, both on-premise and in the cloud.
Splunk’s DSP team is looking for Engineers who are excited about data streaming at scale, and contributing to open source projects.
As a member of the DSP core platform team, you will be
- Creating customer facing functionality to manipulate data streams on top of Apache Flink.
- Writing quality, reusable backend code in Java
- Building robust, fault-tolerant distributed systems in a multi-threaded/multi-process environment.
- Scaling data-intense problems horizontally rather than vertically.
- Working closely with a vibrant open source community
- 5+ years of professional software engineering and development experience.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, related engineering discipline, or similar relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Proven foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design.
- Experience and knowledge of modern distributed system design and implementation.
- Ability to mentor engineers and influence technical roadmap.
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work with large, geographically and culturally diverse teams
- Experience working with distributed big-data processing engines such as Flink, Spark, Storm, etc.
- Experience building high volume and scalable services
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
- Experience in developing and debugging large scale Java applications.
What we offer:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful life outside of work. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment. We are also flexible with respect to working from home.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status