Splunk MaaS team is responsible for providing enabling technology that powers messaging, queueing and streaming for several products in the cloud and on-prem. You will be part of Splunk MaaS team and work with other team members, engineering and Product Management to plan, develop and deliver various features and functionalities for the Splunk MaaS.
- Design technical implementations for new features in Apache Pulsar. Implement new features & test & analyze performance of existing and new features. You'll help identify and fix bugs discovered during use and/or testing of Splunk’s MaaS service
- You'll be writing unit tests, integration tests and collaborating with Quality Assurance team to ensure features quality.
- You'll collaborate and coordinate with Product Management team to implement features or fix bugs in the Splunk MaaS
- Innovate and contribute to Splunk MaaS product road map
- We hope that you have a passion for mentoring as you'll have the opportunity to lead software architecture and design processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to own a set of product/service features, connectors, tests and/or modules using primarily Java on Apache Pulsar infrastructure in Linux environment
- Excellent Java skills with distributed systems design and knowledge of OO programming practices
- Strong knowledge of shell scripts and/or Python
- Expert knowledge with Unix/Linux environment
- Knowledge of docker/Kubernetes frameworks
. Excellent working knowledge of Apache Pulsar, RabbitMQ and Apache Kafka
- In-depth understanding modern SQL, NoSQL or NewSQL systems
- Strong knowledge on code repository and/or automation server tools
- Proven skills in load testing, performance tuning, monitoring and measuring
- Very clear computer science fundamentals, data structure knowledge and software engineering principles
- Passion for solving hard problems and exploring new technologies
- Excellent Team player with good communication and documentation skills
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or 4 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.