Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Security, you will work closely with the Engineering and Product Management team to develop, script and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of Splunk features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by Product Management. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processe
- Understanding of Systems Programming. Examples of areas you need to be knowledgeable in, include understanding of networking fundamentals and memory.
- Distributed Experience in working on distributed systems like AWS Cloud, GCP and Azure
- Design, build and maintain test automation. Our Products run in Single Tenant and Multi Tenant/Microservice architecture. Developing automation and analyzing test results to ensure quality and recommend corrective action on both platforms is a must.
- Experience in building/improving test automation frameworks. 8 + years of experience developing test automation in C++, Python, Java, Golang
- Proficient with git and strong knowledge of general SCM concepts" to account for people who've been in git environments that are gerrit or self-hosted, or mercurial.
- Proficient in SCMS - Github, Gitlab and CI-CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Develop/research automation tools used to improve the test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems. System/critical thinking and big picture mindset are important.
- Customer engagement: Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases. Incorporate telemetry data into test design.
- Mentor: Coach junior team members and involve in hiring critical talent for the team
- 10+ years of experience as a Security SDET or Software Engineer
- Passionate at SDET engineering and Splunk
- Expertise with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration
- Proven experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Deep understanding of identity management systems including: authentication protocols, authorization protocols, roles and privileges.
- Knowledge of common security technologies: TLS, Client-Side/Server-Side encryption
- Experience in engineering management and leadership.
- Bachelor’s in CS degree, Security; 12 + years related experience (or Masters and 10 + years related experience or Ph.D. and 7+ years' experience).
What we provide:
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, test engineers to product management.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work in an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.