Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk IT is growing and seeking a dynamic Software Developer with strong ServiceNow development skills. Along with another team member, you will be responsible for the overall ServiceNow solution at Splunk. Other software development and administration needs within the team will drive delivery of high-quality services and tools to our Splunkers worldwide. You will also have influence on Splunk product integrations and design with an impact on our customer value.
- Provides application software development services and technical leadership support.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
- Analyzes requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Handles incidents per published SLAs, ensures system stability by leading required maintenance schedule, and addresses system issues impacting SLAs
- Implement ServiceNow workflows that integrate with external web services (API Webhooks)
- Designs and develops a workflow framework that can be applied to many workflows, and continuing to seek new opportunities to improve our current manual processes
- Provides standard methodologies for guiding adoption and influencing the customer to make investments in the solution
- Define the services that ServiceNow delivers and gets alignment with customers on service definitions, SLAs and critical metrics
- Maintain a ServiceNow roadmap that plans out investments in system maintenance, upgrade schedule, system improvements and additions to the ServiceNow ecosystem that aligns with the longer term goals and objectives of IT and SNOW’s customers
- 12+ years of overall experience
- 6+ years’ experience developing on the ServiceNow platform
- Experience of one popular web framework - React, AngularJS
- Experience working with DOM
- Ability to develop web services and host on a micro service framework
- Experience with RESTful API guidelines
- Experience with standard methodologies of software development - logging, unit testing, code reviews etc.
- ServiceNow Experience should include scripting, platform configuration, design, and deployment.
- Custom application development on the ServiceNow platform including Custom UI Pages and content in the CMS.
- Experience managing CMDB
- Experience with patching and upgrades
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience MySQL / SQL Server & NoSQL / Relationship DB
- Integration experience (SOAP, REST, and JSON as well as JDBC and file imports)
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Administration of a ServiceNow instance
- ServiceNow Certified Systems Administration (CSA) certification
- Certified Implementation Specialist certification in one of the OOTB ServiceNow modules (ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, etc.)
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer certification
- ServiceNow Service Portal micro-certifications
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Splunk has been in the Top 10 "Best Places to Work" for ten years in a row, and we're only getting better!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.