Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
SplunkCIRT is responsible for coordinating the response to all Cyber Security Incidents at Splunk. As a team member on SplunkCIRT, you will lead the high-level responses to complex cyber security incidents affecting Splunk’s corporate and cloud environments. Successful incident commanders at Splunk are life long learners and passionate about all things security.
Additionally, critical thinking and great communication skills are necessary for this role. You will guide multifaceted and dynamic groups of teams across the company to contain incidents as quickly as possible. You will also determine the steps necessary to execute a technical investigation to discover security gaps and malicious activity for near and long term remediation actions. Once the incident is contained, non-technical external stakeholders will look to your expertise to gain context and key details from the incident to drive security standards across the organization.
- Build strong relationships with business owners and service providers from across Splunk
- Command the response to complex cyber security incidents across multiple teams, involving corporate and cloud environments
- Lead analysts during technical investigations to reconstruct the chain of events that resulted in a cyber security incident or conduct log analysis when needed
- Champion opportunities to improve Splunk’s cyber security posture through threat hunt, detection, architecture, and risk management work streams
- Tell the story of cyber security incidents via detailed reports and presentations to key business level stakeholders
- Mentor junior staff
- Represent SplunkCIRT to business level stakeholders and stand in for the Senior Manager when necessary
- 7+ years professional IT or IT Security experience
- 4 years or more of experience leading the response to cyber security incidents
- Deep knowledge of administering/defending/analyzing MacOS or Linux
- Mastery and depth in two or more of the following areas: Digital Forensics, detection creation, threat hunting, reverse engineering
- Expertise regarding SIEM log analysis
- Experience responding to multiple, large scale incidents
- Expertise with Cloud technologies (GCP, Azure, AWS) AND experience responding to cyber security incidents in public cloud environment
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior analysts
- Experience documenting and creating playbooks for repetitive tasks, ideally in Python
- Experience creating and validating department-wide processes
- Experience applying MITRE ATT&CK, Killchain, and NIST frameworks to security operation
- Experience functioning as a team lead or technical lead
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and take-charge during stressful situations
- Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information to a non-technical audience
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to see things through the customer’s eyes
- Participation in SplunkCIRT’s on-call rotation to respond to off-hours/weekend incidents
- Eligibility to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.