Do you want to join a fast-growing company where the work you do will make a real difference? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a fast-growing company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
We are looking for a Principal Program Manager to drive our next generation Splunk Cloud Platform programs. This position requires someone with experience driving technical projects within an Agile and Scrum-based development environment. We need a well-rounded individual who won’t miss details while guiding multiple teams, someone who can thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into actionable work and drive projects to completion. Working cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding and critical thinking to build solutions that furthers Splunk’s long term goals.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You'll work with multiple teams delivering on the next generation Splunk Cloud Platform
- You'll work with product leadership and executives to define strategy and determine solutions to key challenges. With your expertise in methodologies and tooling, you'll help share standards and foster a culture of continuous improvement
- You'll act as a liaison between your development teams and other internal groups such as Product Management, Design, Documentation, Legal and Marketing to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained and program delivery is smooth and effective.
- You'll own the success of a program from end-to-end, tracking and reporting on progress, and driving resolution of issues.
- You'll ensure your team has the necessary resources and support to ensure success.
- You'll be part of the team driving company-wide program management practice standardization and improvement. Your experience and expertise will help bring us to the next level.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 8+ years’ experience in software program management role, with at least 3-4 years working with agile or scrum methodology. You're ready to coach your peers on the Program Management team.
- You have experience with cloud and enterprise software technologies, along with a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- You're great at juggling multiple, concurrent software projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Communication, detail management, and Agile practices are your forte. You can communicate and act upon risks appropriately and effectively. You've got a large toolkit of program management processes and experience that you can use and customize as needed.
- You understand key technical tools such as Git, Slack, Salesforce, AWS, Docker, Artifactory. Experience with Agile management tools in the Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, and BitBucket) are a plus.
- You're phenomenal at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. You're a natural problem-solver. You know how to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority, and you have experience communicating up to the Executive level of an organization.
Education? I've got that.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience, technical disciplines such as computer science or software engineering a plus
- Certified Scrum Master or PMP a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.