Principal Program Manager
Do you want to join a fast-growing company where the work you do will make a real difference? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a fast-growing company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
We are looking for a hardworking Principal Program Manager with experience across technical disciplines within an Agile and Scrum-based development environment. This position requires a well-rounded individual who won’t miss details while guiding multiple teams. We're looking for someone who can thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into actionable work and help to drive projects to completion. Working cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease, to build holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Splunk’s long range goals.
What You'll Be Doing
- You’ll lead successful software engineering program from end-to-end, track and report on progress, and driving resolution of issues while working with your peers across the organization to ensure accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, quality results.
- You’ll be the lead Program Manager/Scrum Master working with multiple teams on our various product offerings to guide them through the use of Agile and Scrum practices. It's your job to facilitate and manage team events such as Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Daily Stand-up, and various other team meetings.
- You'll act as a liaison between your development teams and other internal groups such as Product Management, Design, Docs, Legal and Marketing to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained and program delivery is smooth and effective.
- You'll ensure your team has the necessary resources and support to ensure success and act as a highly affective change agent for change within the represented organization.
- You'll be part of the team driving company-wide program management practice standardization and improvement. Your experience and expertise will help bring us to the next level.
- You'll work with product leadership to define strategy and determine solutions to key challenges. With your expertise in methodologies and tooling, you'll help share standards and foster a culture of continuous improvement
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified
- 10+ years’ experience in software project / program management role, with at least 4 years working within an agile or scrum methodology.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation experience.
- Demonstrate and be prepared to exhibit extensive leadership, initiative and ownership of large ($xxM) project or program management with thought-provoking out of the box thinking.
- Ability to independently dive programs with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Review project plans to coordinate and execute project activities.
- Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
- Comprehend and lead software release processes for both enterprise and cloud software product offerings.
- Must be able to communicate and act upon risks appropriately by utilizing strong analytical and communication skills with underlining understanding of risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency.
- Strong working knowledge of servers, networks, database and software applications and experience with some Data Platform technologies (Hadoop, Impala, Hive, etc.)
- Ideal candidate will have a strong sense of project ownership and willingness to go above
Education? I've got that.
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience.
- First or second level certifications for Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Professional, Team Coach, Enterprise Coach, or Agile Coach, Agile Facilitator.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.