Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Principal Product Manager at Splunk, you will help to evolve, refine and grow our data collection, onboarding & management solutions and platform in order to deliver streaming outcomes by making it easy for them to derive insights they need and by accelerating their ability to understand and solve issues.
- Contribute to the product vision and strategy for agent based data collection & management (first party, third party and open-source agents) and data onboarding solutions of our product. You will be focusing on an area that is the tip of the spear for every dollar of revenue for Splunk.
- You will need to think about the best possible experience for our customers for data collection for streaming data and help identify ways we can make the workflow painless and delightful for users while still keeping ingestion architecture flexible
- Understand customer and user needs in-depth; communicate those needs crisply and succinctly; and work with design and distributed engineering teams to translate those needs into clear priorities, a compelling roadmap, and high-impact, innovative features
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition, and technologies as they change, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction
- Collaborate with engineering, other PMs, product marketing, support, and the sales team to solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
- 7+ years of experience in product management or technical product management role
- Candidate should have experience in Data collection mechanisms and exposure to open-source technologies such as Open Telemetry; bonus for experience with related technologies such as Flink or Kafka.
- Background in enterprise data management; bonus if those were monitoring, log management or analytics products
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions and to be clear on the minimum capabilities that matter
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills. Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent whole
- Strong written and verbal organizational, analytical, and communication skills. Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience, and energy
- A passion for usability and a knack for simplicity
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field. Or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA from top-tier program. Or equivalent practical experience.
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, experience with Agile software methodologies
If you’d like to join one of the fastest-growing and most exciting tech companies in Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Location: San Jose, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, Boulder