Principal Product Manager, Cloud Admin Experience
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and to each other’s success. Become a part of our journey!
Splunk Cloud has outstanding customers acquiring deriving extraordinary insights into their business from data. The Splunk Cloud product management team focuses on making the cloud service an outstanding experience for customers. We are looking for someone to own and guide the experience for the administrative persona of our customers. Are you up for the challenge?
Responsibilities: What you'll do.
- You will be the voice of the administrator persona for enterprises subscribing to Splunk Cloud service.
- You understand the roles, responsibilities, motivation, and success criteria for the various administrative personas involved in mid to large enterprises as consumers of the service.
- You will also understand and represent the internal personas of a service provider in delivering a highly available service.
- You will build a holistic, exciting vision for the future state and maintain a roadmap for execution. You maintain the right perspective in everything you do. Ensure we are solving the right problem for the persona.
- Identify critical factors in boosting customer productivity as their company consumes cloud service at a growing scale and scope. Map key tasks for the persona(s) in the current state and future state. Establish and continually refine the vision to spectacularly simplify future state.
- Collaborate with Customers, Engineering, UX, PMs, Service Operations, Marketing, and Field on a regular cadence to execute against the vision in the delivery of a holistic admin experience.
Requirements: What you'll need to succeed.
You are organized, hardworking, and passionate about this role and working in a constantly evolving environment.
- Cultivate deep empathy for challenges faced by this persona in its current state.
- Skilled at being data-driven across the lifecycle, to measuring success for customers and Splunk.
- Operate with a sense of urgency to match our rapid growth. We value planning, but value shipping a feature even more.
- Skilled at socializing ideas to attain a cross-functional agreement. You maintain a Customer and Team first approach.
- Understanding of the operations of large enterprises especially in IT and/or Security.
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience.
- Your experience with large-scale distributed systems, monitoring frameworks a plus. Prior knowledge of Splunk a plus.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Infrastructure, SaaS applications, and their security needs
- Experience managing or working directly on B2B SaaS applications or platforms, and even better is if you also have enterprise product experience
Bachelor’s degree; MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.