Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the data-engine juggernaut that powers the way businesses leverage data to drive strategic decisions, implement DevOps, and secure their platforms. We have sophisticated users who perform complex, iterative analyses on data of widely varying types to quickly find insights. Data visualization and dashboards are critical to their ability to communicate those insights in a way that inspires action. We are looking for a product designer who is passionate about designing the tools that will empower our users to effectively turn big data into compelling dashboards and stories. Think “Squarespace for dashboards”.
Who You Are:
- You thrive in a world where change is the constant. Splunk is on the move to Cloud, bringing with it the need to be flexible and in lock-step with our customers and partners.
- You aren’t intimidated by complexity, but rather dive into it with the goal of emerging with clarity.
- You prioritize solving customer problems and needs over designing for the sake of design.
- You communicate effectively and collaborate closely with cross-functional partners. One of your superpowers is the ability to drive alignment between these groups.
- You love conceptual exploration, but you also enjoy defining and detailing designs for build.
- You are a self-starter, motivated to own and drive ideas to completion.
- You are eager to receive feedback and use it to grow as a professional.
- You prioritize customer and team success over personal glory.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Day-to-day design on your projects with corresponding mid-senior autonomy. Some ability to manage and prioritize your work. This is a hands-on role.
- Crafting thoughtful flows, rough concepts, polished designs, and other solutions in Figma, Sketch, Framer etc. within our visual design language. Sometimes helping to improve that language.
- Effective communication of your ideas and rationale - spoken, written and visual through clear documentation.
- Solving problems for dashboard creation, editing and viewing tools. User tasks include creating layouts, making them visually stunning, building interactivity, managing data sources and more.
- Involvement in end user research to explore, uncover and analyze end user requirements during field studies, user interviews etc.
- Effective collaboration with Product Managers to frame user problems, use cases, technical requirements, critical metrics etc.
- Close collaboration with engineers to build your designs accurately or refine them in acceptable ways.
- Interest and experience in designing layout tools and visualizations. Experience with big data is not required but the capacity to learn relevant concepts is
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree in UI/UX design or related major (Computer Science a plus), and strong record of academic achievement
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.