Principal Mobile Designer (iOS)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are enthusiastic about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you enthusiastic about both user interfaces and data? Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Do you enjoy the challenge of helping users quickly turn big data into valuable insights? If so, Splunk would love to hear from you!
In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of interaction and visual designers committed to developing the next generation cross-platform UI interfaces. You will be working in a fast-paced environment alongside UX, product, and engineering teams to deliver all graphical assets and specs, including high-fidelity mock-ups, fonts, colors, icons, logos, mobile UI animations and transitions. You will also be the expert when it comes to differences and nuances inherent in the major mobile platforms – iOS, Android, etc.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Translate ideas and concepts into world class designs for iOS and companion applications (watchOS/ tvOS) by crafting journey maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
- Advocate for and execute user-centered design/lean UX process for interaction design at throughout the product development process
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of solving a problem
- Present designs and effectively communicate design rationale to diverse stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (UX, visual designers, UX researchers, product managers and engineering) to create compelling visual designs of interactive experiences
- Own and refine the visual language, brand, and design system of our growing mobile application portfolio
- Balance design with usability and functionality to build stunning mobile applications with best-in-class user experiences
- Create documentation and specs for the Splunk mobile design system
- Partner with UX leads to shape and drive working sessions with key stakeholders in design, product and engineering
- Gather feedback and quickly iterate on designs and prototypes
- Craft compelling, multi-use case, design patterns to be used by designers across Splunk to solve a myriad of product challenges
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 8+ years of experience
- A killer portfolio that demonstrates a range and depth of skill designing beautiful and effective mobile experiences for iOS and companion applications (watchOS / tvOS)
- A deep understanding of platform and device requirements such as form factors, screen resolutions, pixel density and aspect ratios
- Strong attention to detail, design accuracy, and emphasis on visual consistency
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience designing visual systems for a broad set of UI platforms including web, desktop and mobile
- Ability to work on problems of complex and diverse scope, and to identify creative alternatives
- Effective in communicating conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Proven ability to be responsible for the visual design direction of complex UI projects, especially multi-platform mobile applications
- Bonus points for experience in data visualization and/or designing for data-heavy interfaces
- Experience with Agile a strong plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.