Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and, valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In this role, you will be a member of Splunk's Product security team and will help the team “shift left” within the SDLC. You will wear different hats including being a product manager for security tools, being a senior engineer establishing standards and reviewing code from junior engineers on the team and, leading delivery timelines.
As a Principal DevSecOps Engineer, you will:
- Identify the best solutions for scaling Product Security Tooling and Processes at Splunk
- Establish partnerships and drive multi-functional projects that deliver security solutions to drive down the overall risk to Splunk Products and our customers
- Design, develop and maintain security tools that integrate with developer workflows
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable containerized, RESTful services.
- Establish conventions and standards that improve code quality and maintainability.
- Understand common security anti-patterns, the developer approach to solving these problems, and build solutions that enable developers.
- Strong understanding of common application security primitives and challenges with scaling application security within large engineering organizations
- A consistent record of building security solutions that scale well per the organization's needs and deliver value
- Effective written and verbal communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
- Expert understanding of application development frameworks, build-systems, and ability to integrate tools into the CI pipeline.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Gitlab CI, Circle CI Jenkins, open-source and build tools like CMake.
- Ability to pick up new languages/technologies.
- Contributions to open-source tools, particularly security tools.
- Experience developing and rolling out security solutions that have been received well by developers.
- Experience in software security testing, methodologies and frameworks.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).