Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the data-engine juggernaut that powers the way businesses leverage data to drive strategic decisions, implement DevOps, and secure their platforms. At the forefront of Splunk’s strategy, is the transformation of its current business into a full-scale, hybrid Cloud company. Central to this endeavor is the creation and dissemination of a world-class, enterprise Design System that is easy to use, accessible to all, and loved by customers. This Design System will fuel Splunk’s portfolio and rich ecosystem of product experiences: from SaaS workflows, to dynamic Data Visualizations, to complex data filtering mechanisms, the Design System covers it all. To accomplish this mission, we’re looking for a highly-skilled, Design Technologist who comfortably traverses the worlds of Figma and React, and creates unity between our design system decisions and our code decisions.
Who You Are:
- You HEART Design Systems and geek out about systems thinking.
- Topics like components, patterns, composition, and scalability are second nature for you.
- You have experience building, scaling, and driving Design Systems across complex and robust product portfolios.
- You speak designer and dev language, and one of your superpowers is the ability to drive alignment between these groups.
- Your keyboard strokes, mouse moves, and brainwaves are equally as effective and powerful in Figma as they are in code editors.
- You’re up to date with React and regularly prototype your design ideas in it.
- You love exploration, but you also know how to execute and deliver.
- You own and drive ideas to completion.
- You are receptive to feedback and use it to grow as a professional.
- You prioritize your team’s success and the customer’s achievement over personal glory.
The Fun Parts (the Opportunities)
- Have a Huge Impact: Come build a design system that powers a suite of products used by 91 of the top 100 Fortune companies in the world
- Get in on the ground floor: Splunk’s design language is just taking off, but the skies are the limit. Put your stamp on the next gen of Splunk products.
- Build for the future: Data is the future, and Splunk is the vehicle. Create experiences for the latest and greatest industry areas like Observability, DevOps, and powerful Data search and query experiences.
- Play on a winning team: Work with a diverse team of Design System Designers and Engineers that daily bring a collaborative spirit, the latest thinking in systems and architecture, and a desire to help the whole team do their best work.
The Hard Parts (the Challenges)
- BYOC (Bring Your Own Clarity): We have a saying on our team, “Operate like a startup; Deliver like an Enterprise.” This means that the task ahead is big, we’re all wearing different hats, and everyone has to regularly create clarity out of ambiguity.
- Adapting to Change: Splunk is on the move to Cloud. This creates a fast-paced work environment, where everyone needs to be receptive towards new information. Our team requires flexibility and a willingness to be in lock-step with our partners to shift where the need arises.
- Scaling for Complexity: Splunk deals in complexity. It monitors large enterprise stacks, sources data from anywhere, slices information, reveals insights, and much more. This requires the Design Systems team to understand and build for a complex set of needs across Splunk’s entire product portfolio.
Ready, Set, Join us!
Does this sound like your dream job? Then come join our high-performing, focused team of Designers and Engineers to help us build a Design System to drive the future of Splunk!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.