The Principal Collaboration Engineer will provide direction to and ensure the quality of work produced by multiple teams comprising of both operations and project teams. This challenge calls for a hands-on technical engineer that will also help to analyze our G Suite implementation with the expectation of ensuring documented accuracy and recommend changes towards improving operational excellence. The ability to propose out of the box solutions while being cost-conscious is essential in this role. You will apply your IT project delivery experience and capabilities to provide direction and help facilitate deadlines towards multiple initiatives. You will promote accountability for quality and execution, particularly where commitments have been made to depending teams. Additional responsibilities will include Incident Management, Lifecycle Management, Tactics and Project Guidance, Security & Monitoring, Governance, Change Management, and Process improvements. Are you ready to build an outstanding brand for Splunk's Collaboration Team? Awesome, then we want to talk to you!
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- You will use sound technical judgment, provide clear guidance and mentorship to team members, and assist with removing barriers
- You will ensure proper incident management and overcome operational inefficiencies of various areas such as Google’s Gmail, G Suite (Docs/Drive), Zoom, Slack, Multi-factor Authentication, and license management all while keeping up to date with Google’s platform service changes.
Infrastructure Platform Leadership
- Governance: You will work with appropriate partners (both regional and global) to propose governance models to meet various collaboration and productiveness needs. For example, creating a request and approval process for new Email/G-drive setup and ensuring implementation of legally imposed limits such as retention policies.
- Security & Monitoring: You will partner with the security team to understand legal and security requirements and propose ways and tools to enhance security posture and hygiene as well as to remediate any risk findings on the G Suite platform
Administrative / Management
- Lifecycle Management: You will review documentation templates, quality of documentation, deployment techniques, and platform service updates.
- Change Management: You will be responsible for reviewing and approving quality documentation such as change requests, Installation Qualifications, Operational Qualifications. This role will also draft formal documentation to include Standard Working Practices (SWP), Work Instruction Document (WID) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Playbooks/Runbooks.
What you'll need: I’ve already done that or have that.
- 8+ years of experience leading and delivering IT projects and understanding of project management methodologies, with at least 3+ years of hands-on architecture, engineering, and/or operations of G Suite related services.
- You will have implemented G Suite in organizations at scale and have gone through the full life cycle starting with Planning/Design and finishing with Implementation and support.
- You thrive as an engaged and self-motivated leader that actively participates in and can lead meetings
- You will provide clear team guidance and prioritization based on changing business needs
- You will leverage your strong ability to multitask, analyze, plan, cultivate stakeholder consensus, communicate, and present
- You will engage your strong technical background with Google’s Gmail, G Suite and related technologies
- You will seek to understand technical requirements, architecture, and operational impact of various projects
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Prior experience engaging Managed Service Providers in an on-shore/off-shore model highly
- Technical certifications such as AWS/GCP/Azure
What we offer you: Wow, I want that!
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days nor report to an office daily. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an outstanding environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.