Principal Engineer-Developer Platform Infrastructure
The Developer Platform Infrastructure organization develops robust and resilient platform solutions for building, testing and deploying Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing system design, SaaS, cloud and architectural expertise to build, develop and mentor an exceptional team that is integral to the next generation platforms enabling Splunk products.
What we’re looking for
A hands-on engineering leader who is passionate about the journey into the cloud. Design and execute on a vision focused on improving developer velocity, scalability, testability and observability, along with the operational aspects required to create a world-class customer experience. This requires experience in designing, operating, administering and supporting mission-critical services to support a diverse engineering organization along with experience in developing microservices in a native cloud environment.
What you provide
- Able to lead complex initiatives/projects from inception to completion, working closely with PMs on definition, prioritization, and overall project execution
- Experience in designing and developing scalable CI/CD architectures and services to smoothly transition from Enterprise large scale software development into the Cloud delivery model
- Provide hands-on technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure. Emphasis on automation and self-service.
- Present and own technical decision's to influence product and process strategies across the organization
- Cloud, container and virtualization experience. Innovating and scaling secure services on-prem and different cloud providers is a plus. You will use Kubernetes, Docker, UCP, AWS/GCP, Jenkins, Gitlab, Ansible.
- Provide technical mentorship to the team
- Expert in system design, data structures, algorithms, SDK toolikits and RESTful APIs.
- Observability infrastructure exposure to ensure 24/7 operational excellence and data driven decision making.
- Customer obsession-Build a great customer experience for engineers using our services.
- BS/MS degree in EE or CS or a related technical field .
- 12+ years of software development or equivalent experience; demonstrated ability in designing and architecting SaaS infrastructure
- Desire to learn and adapt. You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to be excited and have utmost ownership of your projects.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as a leader. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs of Splunk’s offerings.
- You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing leaders through ownership and opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.