Splunk are currently seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to lead a part of our Sweden and Finland Presales organization. This position will be a leadership position, working closely with Splunk’s Sales and Channel organizations on the solution and technical aspects of selling Splunk’s solutions to our clients. This position reports to Splunk EMEA North Presales AVP.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions.
You will be responsible for actively leading and managing a Presales organization to mostly assist in the technology stages of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for Splunk’s solutions and services. Splunk Presales consultants must be able to discover customers' pains and understand use cases. They also answer technical questions from clients regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and solution positioning to both business and technical users. This individual will be responsible for the hiring, coaching and development of this team.
As a Presales Manager, you will take an active role in the Splunk Nordic Leadership Team.
As Presales Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and manage a world-class SE team
- Be able to identify and hire top talent into the Presales organization.
- Mentor and Coach Presales Engineers.
- Define development and performance plans to maximize the potential and performance of the individual members of the Presales team.
- Identify strategies and tactics to improve the operational effectiveness (in an on-going manner) and results of the team. For example, work closely with the Presales team to develop and continually improve Presales best practices and processes
- Develop and drive customer facing initiatives and activities to generate business outcomes.
- Provide oversight on important Presales activities, such as POC planning and execution, approval of RFI/P responses, ensuring that the Presales team are SE Certified and able to deliver compelling product demos, solution overview presentations, etc.
- Work closely with the other Nordics and Benelux SE Managers on the prioritization and scheduling of Presales resources to support important sales opportunities.
- Develop a leadership position with the Nordics team, to ensure that Presales procedures and processes are respected and followed.
- Participate in account planning meetings to understand on-going activities within important accounts and to identify new and follow up opportunities.
- Work with sales management to drive product and services revenue.
As a leading member of the Nordics Presales Team you must also take a lead role in important sales activities, such as:
Provide technical leadership and vision.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Write and deliver excellent presentations; both business focused and technical presentations.
- Demonstrate Splunk solutions to prospects, both onsite and remotely.
- Attend and demonstrate Splunk solutions at field events, such as conferences and trade shows.
- Answer complex technical and competitive questions plus address customer concerns to a successful outcome.
- Develop relevant presales material, e.g. business cases/ROI, competitive insight documents, etc to persuade clients of the superior value, benefits and capabilities of Splunk’s solutions.
- Domain knowledge and experience from one or more of the following areas:
- Big Data (from a data management perspective),
- Application Performance Management,
- Business Intelligence/Web Analytics,
- Operational Intelligence.
- A knowledgeable understanding of the financial services, insurance, telecommunications and/or retails markets, with a proven track record of selling into Enterprise organizations. Needs to understand the business challenges/drivers, technology and market challenges of these types of organizations.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals. Understand the client’s buying process.
- Understands how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to develop and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
Essential Education, Experience and Additional Skills
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- 5+ Years of Leading or Managing & Developing Pre-sales Teams
- A University Bachelor’s degree or similar (preferably in computer science, software engineering or a similar field)
- Proactive and able to be manage activities in a self-sufficient manner
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong communication skills, both fluent in Swedish and English
- Strong knowledge of the sales process including the technical win
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology
- Ability to be organized, analytical and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic, agile, disruptive and technical organisation with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Resilience and resourcefulness when solving complex problems
- Proven track record of developing high-performing teams
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the On Target Earnings (OTE) ranges are guidelines and for candidates who receive an offer, the OTE will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to OTE, this role may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.
For sales roles starting salaries are expressed as On Target Earnings or OTE (OTE = base + on-target incentives in the form of sales commission plans).
On Target Earnings: SEK 1,300,000.00 - 1,787,500.00 per year