Are you looking to join a new and exciting team? Do you love figuring out how to get customers and organizations to adopt more cloud? If you answered yes to these questions we have a great new opportunity for you! Our Platform Strategist team is a newly created global group at Splunk, and we focus on platform innovation and field/ecosystem strategy. We provide expert assistance to our field teams in solving sophisticated data challenges and crafting new solutions on top of the Splunk data platform. We operate daily in five areas related to Splunk’s overall platform capabilities: setting the field strategy and priorities related to Platform focus and enablement, evangelizing Splunk’s data and platform vision and mission to the world, direct customer interaction, supporting our partner ecosystem, and constant improvement of our data centric capabilities. We also work on prototypes and early examples for Splunk Cloud and Splunk Enterprise that may eventually become part of our official product offerings.
- Build workshops, examples, and whitepapers that maximize adoption of Splunk streaming solutions.
- Define novel new use cases enabled by streaming technologies as they become available in coordination with Security, IT/DevOps and Advisory teams.
- Translate use cases into repeatable parts of a selling motion against streaming analytic opportunities.
- Assist in building and maintaining common artifacts such as sinks, sources, and transforms that are high value and also informative for downstream developers
- Find and build/partner for solutions that unblock new data sources and facilitate interactions.
- Be the field voice on Splunk’s evolving ‘getting data in’ strategy, especially for Cloud and hybrid deployment models
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in the cloud/data strategist type role, preferably as a practitioner, but a track record of success with Splunk products or Cloud streaming focused vendors is acceptable.
- Deep understanding of how customers commonly get data into Splunk, including multi-layered forwarding and common pre-indexing data manipulation use cases
- Understanding of Splunk Cloud deployment modalities, especially around data flows, security, and scale/sizing of data ingest.
- Basic understanding of cloud-native deployment tools and technologies, especially Kubernetes
- Previous experience working with streaming systems at scale including Kafka and Kinesis. Pulsar experience prefered
- Previous experience with inline data manipulation tooling, such as Apache Nifi
- Previous knowledge or experience developing Splunk TAs desirable.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.