Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for highly motivated new grads or early in career talent to join our team. You will work on real projects that go to market. You will also have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment. You will get invaluable work experience at a leader in “Big Data”, the hottest software market now, and you will have the opportunity to focus on full-stack, backend or front-end technologies.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
As a Performance Engineer you will be responsible for …
Collaborating with peers, field teams, customers to understand and encapsulate the use cases into industry standard benchmarks. You will work with product management and interface directly with our customers to get direct exposure to the usage patterns we strive to satisfy. You will also drive projects to integrate benchmarking into our continuous integration and test automation frameworks. At Splunk, each and every release of our software is highly scrutinized to meet the demands of our customers. As a Performance Engineer , you'll have a key role in our products' success.
- You will define, code and perform performance/scalability benchmarks on Splunk Enterprise and Cloud products.
- You will work with various profiling tools to identify performance and concurrency bottleneck, propose and implement optimizations to improve the Splunk product.
- You will code and improve sizing and capacity calculators for key Splunk applications on the cloud.
Possess knowledge of software engineering processes, agile framework, tools (e.g.: programming proficiency in a language, preferably Go, C++, Java, Python, etc), methods, test development, algorithms and data structure.
- A Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 1 relevant internship, research assistantship, or teaching assistantship
- No more than 2 years of full-time professional work experience
- Passionate to optimize the performance bottlenecks and improve the product.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments.
- Expert with scripting languages (Python) and compiled languages (C/C++) is a plus.
- Familiarity with tools and technologies like Git, AWS, Linux, Docker and Artifactory is a plus.
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments is a plus.
- Ability to find root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools, pstack, qmlprofiler is a plus.
- You enjoy collaborating with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
What We Offer You:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.