Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Splunk is a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth company, and we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Payroll Operations & Strategy Manager to support our Payroll organization. The role will help manage the organization as a recognized leader developing and managing transformational change within the Pay-to-Report workstream. Your responsibilities will include developing actionable plans and recommendations that deliver optimal experience, reduce costs that promote efficiency and scale. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with high performance candor, a desire to help lead the organizations initiatives delivering continuous improvement and growth. This role reports to the Director of Global Payroll.
● Identify and manage payroll projects centered around Hire-to-Retire (H2R) processes, that enable and enhance payroll processing aimed at increasing efficiency, scalability, and automation including implementation and optimization of new or existing payroll related systems.
● Drive informed decision making with business partners by providing cutting edge technical and operational accounting guidance on business models and decisions
● Advise the business on subject matter pertinent to payroll processing and employment tax reporting/withholding requirements
● Advocate for operational procedures that ensure SOX compliance and accurate financials with minimal touchpoints
● Drive and demonstrate measurable improvements through KPIs, OKRs or other measures
● Partner with IT to develop business requirements, establish timelines, and ensure on time completion of projects
● Work cross functionally with multiple internal and external stakeholder (HR, Legal, FP&A, IT, Tax and external service providers) to identify gaps or risk areas, and create end-to-end process recommendations
● Ensure the use of global systems and processes by partnering with process owners to provide training, support and documentation to relevant teams
● Define M&A integration strategy and plan to rapidly onboard new acquisitions into Splunk global processes and systems
● Work cross functionally to identify gaps or risk areas and create end-to-end process recommendations. Build roadmaps, target operating models, and lead approved projects
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; or Equivalent work experience
● Payroll CPP a plus, but not required
● 8+ years of relevant leadership work experience in a global, high tech organization
● Excellent leadership skills with collaborative working style and ability to work cross functionally
● Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and drive sound business decisions
● Experience with developing high growth and its impact on processes, systems and integrations
● Expert knowledge of accounting policies/procedures
● Strong program management and organizational skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
● Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors
● Ability and willingness to “roll-up sleeves” and delve deep into the processes
● Workday, E&Y and ADP payroll software experience is a plus
● Six Sigma certified is a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Jose, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.