Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Payroll GL Tax Accountant
The Payroll GL Tax Accountant will report to the Sr Payroll Accountant and will support all duties associated with the accurate recording of payroll, tax compliance and related financial close activities for the APAC and EMEA international regions. This role will work closely with Payroll, Human Resources, Corp Accounting, Corp Tax and our external 3rd party payroll vendor. This is an opportunity for a highly driven individual who is well-adapted, detail oriented, disciplined and sets a high-quality bar for themselves and their work product. This position offers ability to learn, develop and grow your career working for a dynamic and fast-growing public company.
Location: San Jose
- Perform all general ledger functions related to payroll, including but not limited to; balancing and recording all payroll related journal entries, accruals, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, data requests, etc.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams on all general ledger related tasks, including accounting close.
- Perform tax related tasks, including but not limited to; reconciliation of all employment tax returns, tax agency funding, etc.
- Engage with external payroll vendors related to researching and resolving payroll tax notices, tax filing and funding of payroll taxes.
- Ensure controls are properly performed within the payroll accounting process.
- Provide relevant tax and general ledger metrics to upper management
- Assist with research projects and preparation of management reports as needed.
- Lead quarterly and annual audits with external auditors as needed.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years accounting experience in payroll and general accounting.
- Possess knowledge of payroll-related requirements and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality in all assignments and in all information obtained.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as quarter-end and year-end.
- Performs with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite with strong excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Workday experience preferred
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll tax related regulations outside US is a plus.
- Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus.
- Potential international travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.